Thursday, November 4, 2010

What to Do??

Today I'm off to the notary to have 24 pieces of paper notarized.  We have all the parts of our court dossier ready to send off except the doctor's papers.  We are waiting to learn more about when our agency can submit the dossier before we have the medical papers signed because they are time sensitive...only good for 90 days. Our agency is still trying to figure out if the courts in St. Pete are going to be accepting dossiers this year. We know they have shut down adoptions, but the question is...are they accepting dossiers and scheduling dates for January??  If they aren't, our dossier won't be submitted to the court until mid-January (after the big Russian holiday) which means we probably won't go for court until late February.  The thing is that your kids' medicals can't be more than 90 days old when you go to court. (Jeremy and I have to have exams over there, so it doesn't matter how old ours are.)   So....do we go ahead and go to the doctor for our signatures now and hope we can be submitted, or wait it out to be safe?  Even our agency doesn't know what to do about this.  Hopefully they can get some answers soon.

We had our official travel meeting over the phone with our agency yesterday. We talked about boring stuff like paperwork but also exciting stuff like what to expect at the orphanage. It really brought things to life! We'll be off to meet our Anna in 16 days. WOW! We are getting soooo excited.  We feel like kids before Christmas.  We should make a paper chain. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 16 days... I would be a mess. I know, I know, you work well under pressure. But still.. I'm praying for you. Fingers, toes, and paper chains crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the meeting was fun getting to do it together. and I think we should get the kids Dr letters done the week after we get back from our first trips, but thats just my idea.
    And yes we should make a paper chain no never mind I'm already gong crazy as it is lol.but you know what I will take this crazy over the waiting we were doing just a few weeks ago any day.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.