It's no secret. International adoption is not cheap! We knew it would cost way more than we had to adopt Anna. But we also knew that God is a God of miracles. In the middle of a recession, Jeremy's Landscape Architecture firm has held on and since we started this process, it has not only held on, but made possible for us to get this far in the process. We are so, so grateful for this. But we still need to raise 13,000 to finish the adoption.
We are going to start some fundraising. Will you help us by spreading the word through Facebook, E-mail or any other way you can think of? You can attach a link to our family blog since this blog is private right now.
We're going to start our fundraising efforts with two ways that you can do a little Christmas shopping online!
1) A lady who has a heart for Down Syndrome adoption named Jennifer has so graciously offered to donate ALL of her proceeds from an Usborne Books party to any adopting family who would like to host one. Is that sweet, or what? So we all buy books for our kids for Christmas, right? Why not help rescue a little girl in Eastern Europe at the same time? :) All you have to do is go to this link and shop your heart away! The books will come directly to your home. And she will send me a check when she gets paid for the party. Also, if you book an online party like the one I'm doing, she'll also donate a large portion of the proceeds from that party! Usborne books are awesome. We have a few that we have loved and loved for years. This party will end on November 18, so hurry!
2) Also, I have been a Mary Kay consultant for a zillion years and I'm thinking with the holidays coming up, everyone wants to look and feel gorgeous, or at least wants healthy skin or knows someone who does! And I earn 50% profit on every sale. So I could easily raise a thousand or so with Mary Kay orders this Holiday season. I just renewed my website, so you can go online to see what's the latest and greatest, and order through the website, or you can e-mail me, send me a Facebook Message, or call me! Whatever your heart desires. I ship for free. I promise, anything you get you will love. Mary Kay rocks. And every product has a money-back guarantee, or you can trade it for something else if you don't love it. The website address is www.marykay.com/heatherfillmore. If you live near me, please come over if you'd like to try anything. I'd love to give you a mine-makeover. :) Oh and you HAVE to try the new perfume, "Thinking of You." It's a winner.
If you don't want books or Mary Kay and you'd still like to help in some way, there's a way to do that! All you have to do is go to our Family Sponsorship Page on the Reece's Rainbow website. You can make a tax-deductible donation through PayPal by clicking on the link at the bottom. Just specify Fillmore Adoption in the comment box. Or if you're uncomfortable using a credit card online, you can just send a check. Leave a comment with your e-mail and I'll send you our address. Thank you! Every dollar will help bring Anna home. No donation is too small. Just know that we appreciate it more than words can express.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.