Monday, November 22, 2010

Kindred Spirits Reunited

Oh my gosh.


We


are


wooped.



No words


can express


how much we love her.

How do you put into words the experience of meeting someone who you have only seen in pictures, but somehow knew was yours? Well,  I don't know how exactly, but I'll try.  All those months of just going on blind faith are over.  Our faith is now knowledge.  She is our little pumpkin, there is no doubt about it.

The orphanage director told us that they call her "Sunny" there because she is their little ray of sunshine that makes everyone feel warm.  In stark contrast to the dreary place where she lives, she lights up the room, melts your heart and makes you happy.

"Tanya" is very spirited.  All the pictures we have seen of her don't show her personality.  I pictured her as being shy.  She is not shy!  When she walked in, she looked at us with a big grin, like "Cool! I think they want to play!"  She immediately started talking to the orphanage director with a few short Russian phrases.  I wanted to just sit and look at her and soak in everything, but she was immediately off to get the big teddy bears that were on the sofa and show them to us.  She LOVED our iPhone.  Between that and the Magnadoodle, she was in heaven.  She got excited about every little sound and cool image that she saw.  We love her sound effects.  She does this little growl thing like Eli does when she thinks something is funny.  And her giggle...oh her giggle.  It just makes your heart sing.  There's something about seeing a child with Down Syndrome giggle.  You just want to squeeze the heck out of them.

Here's the orphanage where she lives.  It's very old and run down.  But clean and well-kept at the same time.  And if her caretakers are anything as warm and loving as the director, then I don't worry that she isn't getting great care.

Situated in the middle of lots of old, tall buildings.  They get to go out and play and go for walks twice a day.


There's so much more to write about, but I'll save it for tomorrow.  *sigh*  Life is good.  So, so good.  Thank you, Father in Heaven for leading us to this perfect little person.  We love her so.





19 comments:

  1. oh you guys she is so so so cute! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont even know what to say!seeing her kiss you guys just melted my heart!!I miss you sooo much.tell her that big sister loves her.
    ~sadie~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, Thank you so much for sharing your story. I have asked my friends to donate money to Reese's Rainbow instead of giving gifts to co-workers and friends. I told them that we chose your family. Hopefully more will follow suite :) We just adopted a little girl this year from the foster care system. It was a really rough two years and I keep thinking my feelings that another little girl is out there for us will go away. After reading your post I have figured out that the feeling is not going to go away and that I better get started on praying about where to find her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so crying. I can't believe she warmed right up to you like that. Miracles happen. Can't wait to meet her. Bet you wish you could bring her home! I am dying......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the first picture and started to cry. I couldn't see clear enough to even read what you wrote. She looks like she loves you too! You're in our prayers. Keep us posted. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and her family is born, where once there was none. An orphan no more... only love.

    Love wins,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's beautiful! I can't wait until we are able to post pics of our first visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even have words... God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow these are the most beautiful pictures, I have goosebumps right now, just look at her, it's as if she has been waiting for just you guys to be her parents all along. Look at her smiling and loving the two of you. I am so so happy...can't wait to read and see more of her!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I don't even know what to say to those pictures! What a beautiful, sweet, gorgeous, adorable little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim Knipp kknipp@kc.rr.comNovember 23, 2010 at 7:28 AM

    Tears in my eyes! She is beautiful, I am so happy for her and for you! You are 100% correct, there is nothing like the giggle of a little person, who has Down Syndrome! Do her ears lift up a little when she smiles? Will's do, I can tell if he is smiling even when I cant see his face, if I see his ears raise, I know he has a grin!
    Praying all goes smooth!!!! And soon and very soon your family is all home together!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a miracle, that you are there at all, with her right now. Gods hand is certainly in this. Kindred spirits, made in heaven no doubt. I am so happy for you guys. It's probably going to be tough to leave her for the time but comforting to know that it won't be long untill you will have her in your home and part of our family. I just can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crying happy tears for your family! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so thankful you are her parents. Loving her and know we could not adopt her was awful. Yet, God has worked a miracle and she is in the right family. It brings just joy to see her with you. Give her a hug from me.
    Beth JM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tears are streaming down my face! She is with the right family, god does not make mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are here following along with you on your wonderful journey. We can feel her little spirit so strong through these amazing pictures. What a wonderful Thanksgiving....so much to be grateful for. She looks so at home.....as do you....such a complete feeling. I don't know how you are ever going to leave her there. It is truly amazing the miracles God works in our hearts and families. Amen to Tina's comment, God doesn't make mistakes. He knows exactly what he is doing and when we have the faith to follow through with those feelings, the blessings are incredible. We are praying for you and thinking of you!! We love you guys and can't wait until she's home for good.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.