About a week before we left for our first trip to Meet Anna, I heard this song called Child of Light, by Mindy Gledhill. I thought about Anna as I listened to the words, and cried tears of gratitude that she will now have that opportunity to share her light with the world. During our whole trip last week, this song kept playing over and over in my mind. I knew I had to share it, along with some of our video footage of our time with Anna, whom we have now decided to call "Anya."
Every time I think about the millions of orphans in the world who won't ever have this opportunity, it hurts, so much more than it did before we saw it for ourselves. I want to find forever families for every single one of them. If only.
Love this video! Congrats on your beautiful daughter!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Ann
Heather! Anna is so beautiful and spirited and perfect!! I am so happy for you and for her. We spent Thanksgiving in Russia the first time we adopted, too, and it was interesting and a bit sad. Next year, though, it will be a party!! I appreciate the new picture of Angelina and am just heartbroken over Elizabeth and reading what life must be like for her now. Praise the Lord that He is not taking Anna there, that He brought your family in time to prevent that.
ReplyDeleteWonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
Awe, you're going to have fun with that little one!
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolute doll.
What a beautiful video! It brought back so many fond memories of when we first met our girls in Russia back in 2005. Anya is a wonderful name for a beautiful girl!
ReplyDeleteWow! Amazing! Of course I cried like a big baby through it all! God is so Good! Absolutely Amazing!
ReplyDeleteFor once, my friend, you have left me with no words. Well, just one: Blessed
ReplyDeleteso sweet I was doing ok today but just had to have a big cry over this Happy happy tears mixed with Missing my boy tears. Hugs to you Heather my sweet friend what would I do without you?
ReplyDeleteoh my. echoing Katrina, happy tears for you, super longing tears for us. she is so awesome! the life in her is incredible! nothing like those still pictures we saw for months. the video really really puts all of what you wrote about her into place. she will keep you two young for many, many years to come!
ReplyDeleteOh, what a BEAUTIFUL little girl!! She looks incredibly bright and very well cared for!! You are very, very blessed - congratulations!! :o)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...how can you stand all of that cuteness??? She is absolutely precious. I want to grab her and hug her! How hard to wait these months....will pray for a speedy return!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings.
Gretchen
that video is so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes watching her with you guys! I bet it is hard being away from her. I hope the time goes by fast for you!
ReplyDeleteI just loved this video..it brought tears to my eyes. She is doing very well, so happy to see her laughing and getting so much love! You are all so blessed!
ReplyDeleteVery touching Heather. Brought tears to my eyes. She's an angel...definitely a child of light. Love her already. What a blessing she will be to you, us, and our entire extended family.
ReplyDeleteI loved this, bawling my eyes out. Heather your face is glowing the entire video. I can't wait to hear more.....
ReplyDeleteWOW!! I don't even know you or your husband, but you are both heroes in my eyes. Thank you for being so Christlike.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful video.... made me cry, happy tears, esp just after seeing pictures of my parents meeting my little brother today...
ReplyDeleteSarah
mygodislord.blogspot.com
handiworkforelijah.blogspot.com
That made me cry. We are hoping to start our journey in the Spring. We have already adopted 11 children from foster care and are waiting for our 4 year old little boy to come home soon via that route as well.
ReplyDeleteYour little girl is beautiful!
Ahh, holy smokes, I have a million chills. I love it! Sooo brings back so many memories for me! I love the part where she comes running to you from her grouppa ... sooo cute!
ReplyDeleteWow that video naturally had me in tears, I still have goosebumps...Anya is beautiful, your family is blessed as she is to have you guys. I hope she understands that you're coming back. That is going to be one amazing trip. I too wish every single child could come home to a family, what a beautiful world that would be.
ReplyDeleteKai and Ian and Rinny and I all watched our new niece/cousin with joy in our hearts to see Anya in action. It is as if she was saying "There you are---I know you...and love you too!" What a miracle.
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable little girl! Good luck with the rest of the process!
ReplyDeleteAmazing......just amazing. I can't wait for you to get her home. We love you guys and are so happy for you!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Thank you for sharing. My children and I watched this together, and were thinking about when we get to meet our Sarah soon. Can not wait until you bring her home. Blessings:)
ReplyDelete