Saturday, December 25, 2010

What Christmas is All About

A few nights ago, the doorbell rang. We opened the door, and no one was there. We looked down, and saw a plate of treats and this.



We have received a lot of donations to help us bring Anya home.
We've felt the love of our Savior through every one of them.
But this one touched us differently.  We cried like babies. Nothing is more beautiful than when children give of themselves to others.  Some cute family had been saving their dollars and coins and putting them into a jar for a little girl who lives far away.  They wanted to help give her something that she could never give herself. 

I don't know if this family will read this, but I want them to know how much this touched our hearts.  Thank you so much.
Merry Christmas everyone!  May the love of our Savior fill your hearts and bring peace and joy that surpasses all understanding.  I know Christ is our Savior and that His atonement was His gift to each one of us.  I am so thankful for His never-ending love for us, and the small, simple things that remind me of this every day.

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Heather!! What a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Christmas gift. Your family must feel so blessed this year and I bet they can't wait to share Christmas with Anya next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Heather!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.