Saturday, November 20, 2010

On our Way!

Well, here we are on the other side of the world!  We’re sitting in the Dusseldorf, Germany airport waiting for 3 hours for our connection to St. Pete.  We left Chicago in the afternoon and arrived here 7 hours later as the sun was rising.  We are flying on Luftansa.  What a great airline.  On our 7 hour flight to Germany, we were on one of the big Airbus planes.  Jeremy commented that he felt like we were visiting a spa.  They give you a comfy pillow and blanket, bring you yummy food, and warm wet cloths to wipe your hands with.  And with no kids in tow, it was pretty relaxing. All we needed is a little more room to lay down and we could have slept.  When we get to St. Pete it will be 4:00 pm and we are going to meet with our coordinator as soon as we get to our hotel.  We should be niiiice and tired by the time their night time starts!


This is so fun!  The furthest I have ever been from the states is Cancun, Mexico.  So this is quite the adventure!  It will be something we will always remember!  I don’t know if we’ll ever make it back to Europe again for a long time.

In about 24 hours we will be meeting Anna. Unbelievable! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh I have been waiting for this post! I am so glad for ya'll! I hope you and Jeremy both know that we are praying for you and I can't wait for you to SEE YOUR GIRL! I can't even believe I can type that, it's finally happening. SO HAPPY!

    Love wins,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. and so it begins! now I can go to sleep! I feel like a serious stalker! I have been checking and checking and checking! So glad to hear the flight to Germany was nice. You know I'm hanging on your every word! Have a nice flight to Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok looks like you had way better seats then we did did you get biz class? I hated that flight yes they gave us pillows ok food and a wet cloth but no room to move uggg. glad you like it lol. the next step is the best you get to meet your girl so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe it's finally happening! I am so stoked for you guys. Can't wait to hear about you meeting Anna. What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so glad to hear that everything's well! I didn't even expect to hear something from you until you were back home so I'm excited now.
    And? Did Germany welcome you with its GREAT weather? =)
    I'm thinking a lot about you those days where you are on "my" side of the globus!
    I miss you and I'm so happy that you'll get to know your little girl now. Who knows? You might be walking around with her right now. That's so fun.
    All the best! I can't wait for more news now!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.