Jeremy and I are so touched by the many e-mails that I received from readers of this blog who want to have access when it's private. I had almost fifty people contact me either through comments or e-mail. Many of them said that they have been praying for Anna. Some of them prayed for her many weeks ago that her family would find her and they were so grateful that their prayers were answered. This touches us so much. I can't tell you how this makes us feel. Many of these people have never commented on the blog or e-mailed me until now. Thank you to all of you who are praying to help bring our sweet girl home to us. I know that God hears all of our prayers and that he loves Anna and wants her to come home. I know this. I have never felt closer to Him in my life. This has been such a sweet experience.
Like all adoption bloggers, I have mixed feelings about going private. I like the fact that I know who my readers are and that we are safe from the possibility of jeopardizing the adoption on the Eastern Europe end. But at the same time, I think of those who could be inspired by it in some way and will hit that brick wall that says, "this blog is only open to invited readers." That's sad! I know that the purpose of our adoption is so much greater than the actual adoption itself. I think we'll leave it private until we officially accept her "referral," then I'll have to decide what to do between that time and court, which will be a few months. It's really best to be vague and not share info about the place or the child's name until after court.
OK people. Our agency's coordinator in Anna's city needs lots of prayers. She has been calling every day to try get an appointment with the director of the Ministry of Education, who was out sick for weeks and is now just trying to catch up with her duties. When they finally have this meeting, she will be advocating not only for Anna, Josiah and Ian, but any future children who have special needs in this city's orphanages. Reece's Rainbow has partnered with our agency to find families for many of these children and help bring them home. This is a new program and a lot lies in the hands of those who make the decisions. Little lives, to be exact. I know one thing they are going to discuss is the possibility of getting the special needs cases to go through more quickly. These children need services and some need medical intervention as soon as possible. But a few cases of abuse by foreign adoptive families have made it very difficult for the rest of us. So many miracles are needed to change the mindset of the leaders and give them greater confidence. As of now, the adoption of these children isn't a priority to them. Just look at how long our file has been sitting in their office, untouched. Our coordinator is fighting hard for Anna and for all the others. But she needs more than just her abilities to persuade. She needs miracles.

You know I am always pulling for you. I'll pray for that miracle, we could use a few miracles around here these days. God is good, He knows our hearts and you, my friend. have a wonderful heart.
ReplyDeleteLove wins,
Renee
Praying that things go well when the finally have the meeting and you can get back on track to bringing sweet Anna home where she belongs!
ReplyDeleteI would love to follow your journey to Anna!
ReplyDeleteMy email is butterflygirl82@gmail.com
Rachel
afamilyforanastasiya.blogspot.com
adventuresinthephilippines.blogspot.com
I would love to continue following your journey to Anna. My email is jmulholland1@cinci.rr.com
ReplyDeletehttp://molette26.blogspot.com/
Thanks so much for letting us be a part of your journey. I hope someday I will also be on this journey.
We would love to follow your blog as you make this journey...
ReplyDeletebannessa52508@gmail.com
I have enjoyed following your blog and praying for your family as you journey to bring Anna home. I would love to continue to follow and very soon see pictures of Anna in your arms!
ReplyDeletecourtneyfconnelly@gmail.com
you know we are praying! don't forget to add me to your private list! you have my email. in my studies today, i was reminded to be ever purposeful in the "less of me, more of him...and dying to self" work that God instructs us to do. i wonder if this little bump in the road to where our children are is just that, a lesson in the sheer magnitude of his power when we give it totally over to him. something good is coming Heather, i can just feel it:) I think you will need to start packing soon:)
ReplyDeleteI'd love to continue following your journey. Praying for your family!
ReplyDeleteami_pr@yahoo.com