Tuesday, October 26, 2010

WE HAVE A DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a date, we have a date, we have a date!  (Did I mention that we have a date?)  We just got a call about an hour ago from Patricia at Hand in Hand.  Elena e-mailed her in the middle of the night with the good news!  All she said in the e-mail is that she had appointment dates for the Nine's and the Fillmore's.  Our appointment with the Minestry of Education in St. Pete is November 22.  One month from yesterday.  In one month we will meet our baby girl!!!!  We will be with her on Thanksgiving Day.  How perfect.

I woke up with butterflies this morning.  It was really weird.  We have been waiting TWO MONTHS for this date.  We had a few times when it looked possible, then it didn't happen. So we've been cautiously optimistic this past week, knowing that yes, the director is back to work, but who knows if she'll get sick again or something.

I have to include the correspondence between Katrina Nine and I today via e-mail:

8:28 am   (Katrina to Heather)
Well, as always please let me know if you get any news from Patricia.



8:38 am (Heather to Katrina)
I’m starting to feel antsy again, like it’s going to happen this week.  Are you?  Gotta try not to think about it all the time.


9:49 am (Katrina to Heather)
I have had butterflies in my tummy all morning like I'm getting ready to make a huge speech in front of a million people or something so maybe that is the same as antsy lol I am trying not to think so much. I think I will make some big gluey craft with the kids that has me tied up for a couple hours. right now they are just all playing and that gives me too much time to think.



10:40 am (Heather to Katrina)
Yeah, I guess butterflies is a better way to describe it.  Like you feel right before you go into labor. J Did you see that Rebecca (another mom adopting from St. Pete) got their travel date on the 21st?  They have to be there on Monday the 1st.  So the committee is giving appointments!  What is going on?? 

10:41 am (Heather to Patricia at Hand in Hand)
Hi Patricia, I just learned that someone got their travel date last Thursday to be in St. Pete on Nov. 1st. So they are assigning appointments. What’s going on? Have you heard anything?


2:14 pm (Katrina to Heather)
I feel sick to my stomach now why don't we have our date?


3;30 pm (Heather to Katrina)

It doesn't make any sense.  Can't they just take a few minutes and pick up our files?

3:29 pm (Katrina to Heather)
Can I just say, COME ON ALREADY!!!! I'm tired of this. Lord, whatever you are teaching me, can this part of the lesson please be over? I feel like one of my 3-year-old daycare kids asking if they can get up from time-out!

4:55 pm (Heather to Katrina)
I hear you loud and clear.  Enough is enough.


At this point, I called Jeremy and vented my frustration.

A half hour later, the phone rang. 

It was Patricia.
 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your date! Anna is so precious...we're excited for you and know how that "wonderful, I can't believe its finally here" feeling is! We'll be praying for you!
    love, the Adamsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA! that was good I think I'll post that on my blog too. we knew something was up, that's because we are mommies! just think we are going to be holding our babies soon. And you will get to hear it all from me first. I sorta wish you were going first so I could learn from you. but thats ok I will be sure to give you all the info on all of it, how to dress, where to eat, how cold it is lol. I wish we could have gone at the same time.
    what a great day today was!!! we even got to hear eachothers voices lol sleep well and dream tonight the waiting is over for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! SO happy for you! Finally, after all the waiting. She is such a doll. Can't wait to see you holding her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!! SOOOO hAPPPY for you!!! I bet you are thrilled. I know exactly what you are feeling! i'm jumping up and down for you. Little Anna, it won't be long now! I'm getting all teary just thinking about it. Such a wonderful blessing. We love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very happy for your family but even happier for this special little girl.
    I wish you much luck on your upcoming trip.

    Ken L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome Heather. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you hear someone screaming but it sounds like a tiny ant it is me screaming Yeah!!!!! all the over here in Louisiana!! You made this very sad day for me VERY HAPPY!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT.... Praise GOD in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Very Very exciting!!!!!!! I can't want to continue to follow you through this journey!!! I am also an LDS member who had a friend here adopt from Reeces Rainbow a few months back. She directed me to the website and that is how I found your family and their journey.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.