We made it home last night at 11:30. Ahhhh, home sweet home. We missed our kids so much. After the sleepless nights I had this past week and jetlag on top of that, I'm feeling a bit groggy.
Came home to a couple of sickies. Bennett and Eli both have fever/coughs. Poor kiddos. It's kinda what I expected after having to toss the poor kids from one house to another all week. Just as long as everyone's better when I leave in 3 weeks to go get Anya!
It's hard to believe that we've just been to Eastern Europe and back! The world is really a small place, you know it?
I still tear up every time I think about what just happened. It all seems like a dream, but it wasn't. It was real and Anya is coming home with us in a month. Wowee!
Life is about to change a little bit for us, but a whole lot for her. I pray that she'll be ready and it won't be too traumatic for her when we remove her from everything she has ever known in her life. It's going to be quite the experience for her.
So, the 10-day waiting period will end on March 5 and Anya will be totally officially ours. But I'm waiting until the 15th to go so I can travel with Katrina (who's picking up Vahnya) and Jeremy can stay home with the kids. Luckily, the orphanage has agreed to let her stay until I can come get her. I can't wait to have her all to ourselves! These three weeks are going to fly by.
We are so happy for you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet her in a few weeks! We will have to have a special playgroup or something so we can meet her! I hope these 3 weeks fly by for you too!
ReplyDeleteglad you are home safe. Sorry the kids are sick. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your children meeting Anya for the first time. How exciting that will be for them.
ReplyDeleteHeather I am so happy for you and your family. Happy doesn't even begin to describe it actually. I loved reading your posts and LOVE looking at your pictures. I can't stop smiling. I will keep you in our prayers for a smooth transition for your little girl when you bring her home! I just know that everything will be more than perfect for all of you!!!
ReplyDeleteIncredible! Praying that these weeks go by quickly for everyone!
ReplyDeleteOh Heather, I am so excited for you all. I love to read your updates and your pictures are amazing. I cant wait till shes home and we get to read those updates.
ReplyDeleteTina