We were so excited to see her, we couldn't stop smiling. We waited in the hallway and the orphanage doctor went to her groupa to get her and bring her out to us. A few minutes later, we could hear her cute voice echoing in the long, sterile hallway. We knew it was our baby girl. It was all I could do to keep from running up to her and picking her up and kissing her all to pieces. But I was afraid she may not remember us, so I kept my cool, other than a few tears.
Oh, it was sooo great to be with our Anya again. She was excited to have us come hang out with her. The lady opened the little therapy room where we spent a lot of time on the first trip. Anya ran right in, then motioned for us with her hand, to "come on!" Jeremy said, "she remembers!"
She has matured so much in the last three months! Last time we were here, the only thing she was interested in was coloring, looking at pictures or the iPod, and going through flash cards. But this time, she picked out the puzzles on the shelf, brought them over one at a time, and sat at the table for a long time disassembling them and putting them back together. She also loved the stacking toys and things that she didn't want anything to do with last time. Her attention span and her patience with things has really improved. Yeah!
This is what she enjoyed the most today:

She found a box of little pieces of stiff felt shapes that are supposed to be used on a bulletin board thing.But instead of using the board, she used my sweater. She sat there and added the shapes one by one until I was covered in them . She just loved it! And when it was time to clean it up, she painstakingly picked every piece off of me and put it back in the box. We couldn't get over how much her attention span has grown, and how much more obedient and responsive she is. It's amazing what 3 months can do!
Off topic... I would love to teach her nannies a thing or two about doing hair. Not that I'm all that great at it...I'm just sayin'. :)
The fun part was going through the photo album of our family. We would point to the pictures and say "who's that?" and she would point to Jeremy or I if it was us, or her if it was a picture of her.
She looks the same as she did 3 months ago. I don't think she even grew in stature. Still a short little thing. I think the 4T clothes I packed are going to be too long. She's got the shortest little legs. Oh, she's just so cute!

This was the first time we saw her in her glasses. I feel bad for her that she has to wear these things! First of all, they are too big for her. Also, one of the little clear nose rest thingies is missing, so the metal pokes into her nose. It probably hurts, poor kid. Can't wait to get her some good glasses!
It was such a beautiful afternoon with our Anya. We still feel right at home together and know that she belongs to us. We love her so much!
PS...Our 10 hour layover in Atlanta with Gretchen yesterday was awesome! We knew it would be the only warm, vacation-like day the whole week, so we just soaked it in. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to blog about it, though because we have to leave here at 7 am tomorrow for our 8-doctor medical exam and we need to catch up on some sleep! Don't want those doctors to think that we don't take care of ourselves or something...

Oh, here's a picture I took for Anya's passport. They didn' t want us to take her out of the orphanage to go get it taken, so we tried it ourselves, against the white door for a background. We'll see if they accept it.
What a precious girl.
She looks so cute in her glasses,you guys look like you were made for eachother oh wait YOU WERE!! so happy you got to see her. now on to the next step the medicals. :) I will be excited to hear about that one.hope you can get some sleep.
ReplyDeleteSooo excited for you!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited that you are there again. It must feel like heaven being able to visit with her again. I can't wait for her to be home with your family.
ReplyDeleteAh, the post I have been waiting for. You look so happy in your picture, Heather. And Anya, she's just a beautiful as ever. I love it, every bit!
ReplyDeleteLove finds a way,
Renee
Ohhhhh YAAAAY!!! I'm so happy to see you together again!! Praying that your time together goes slowly so you can soak in every minute of your sweetie!
ReplyDeleteShe's still as beautiful as ever! So happy for all of you! Let us know how the medical exam goes, we will be getting one next Thursday!
ReplyDeleteThrilled for you and your little Anya.
ReplyDeleteBack with your little girl......can't be a better feeling in the world. She does look very well and so happy, still that wonderful smile that lights up her face. I know it's so unfair about the glasses but if they help well then we have to go with the flow. My daughter started wearing hers at 5 months and we have been through quite a few frames up till now. They get used to them don't worry but yes it will be great once you get her a nice light new pair that fit her perfectly.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear how the next days go and if your 10 day wait is lifted...oh I do hope so. Looking forward to reading about what great joy little Anya is going to bring to your family.
oh boy, this is it! she looks so good, all smiles for mama and papa! I'm so glad you made it for the visiting time, it must have been a rush. I hope you got some sleep on the plane, however uncomfortable. It's got to be all worth it when you get to have her putting felt pieces all over you! That is the best picture, and I see them so differently now having met you guys, you guys are awesome. Can't wait to hear the rest!
ReplyDeleteSo happy you're back with Anya!
ReplyDeleteSO happy to see pictures of your sweet girl! It was funny, I had posted your child of light video on my blog the day you left and last night I was at dinner with a gorup of ladies from my ward and they were all talking about your video and how they keep checking your blog now to see your reunion with her!!!! Oh, I just can't imagine how happy you are!!! Good luckk with everything!!
ReplyDeleteOf course she would remember you both..you must be over the moon! Those pictures are the best! Good luck with everything..but heck who needs luck when are god is sooooo good!
ReplyDeleteTina in Canada
Oh my, what a sweet girl! What a great reunion. Anya looks really amazing and will only continue to grow and learn when she gets home. Many prayers to you for the rest of your journey!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, could she be any cuter!? I have to say, I'm impressed she HAS glasses! but you're right, that can't be comfortable with the little pokey things.
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip :)