First things first:
Very soon, this beautiful boy will finally have a chance to live the life that
Very soon, this beautiful boy will finally have a chance to live the life that
he was placed on this earth to live.
He will go from this
to this.
He will go from sleeping in this room, with 11 other orphans
To sleeping in this one, with his brother.
His life will change forever. He will learn how to talk, how to read, how to hug, how to look into people's eyes, and best of all, how to give and receive love.
Our week of fundraising is almost through. Thank you SO much to those who have donated!Some of my local friends gave checks, so we only need $300 more! We are moving to a new house this week and I would LOVE to have all $1,000 raised by Monday night so I can focus on filling boxes!
Right now, there are 150-200 people every day who read this blog. If each of you could put a few bucks in the pot, we will meet our goal and Ian's family will be $1000 closer to having all the funds they need to bring him home!
Come on, team! Let's do this!! Just click on the chip-in button on the top right!
Yes, YOU! Do it right now, then you can read the rest of this blog post. :)
Something that Gretchen really wanted to have happen with her puzzle fundraiser, is for more people to understand the blessing that adoption is.
In honor of her wish, I would like to share with you some of my feelings.
Last night after Anya and I read our last bedtime story and I lay next to her rubbing her soft, squishy back and arms and looking into her beautiful blue eyes, she looked back at me, all snuggled into her pillow, with the most content look.
Her spirit spoke to mine, telling me how happy she is here with our family.
I was reminded again that she is right where she is supposed to be. I thought about where she was just a few months ago, and where she would still be if God had not lead us to her.
Not much in this life compares to the satisfaction that comes from knowing that you have made a difference, I mean really made a difference for one of God's children. I can't describe to you how this adoption has changed all of us. All the hard moments (oh yes, we have them every day) seem to fade into the background when we step back and reflect on this. We have made a difference. And she has made a difference in us.
If you feel God leading you in the direction of adoption or foster care, follow your heart. It knows the way! It's a huge mountain to climb, and it will be HARD. Probably the hardest thing you've ever done. You'll discover emotions that you never knew you had!
But you will be changed forever. In a good way. You'll see things differently. And not only you, but your spouse and your other children. You'll understand a little more fully how Christ loves. How we are adopted into his family, and how he forgives us time after time when we make mistakes, and loves us no matter what.
At the end one of the most miraculous days of our lives, February 22, 2011, I was writing a blog post in our hotel room in Russia. It was one of those times, kind of like after giving birth, when I sat there in tears thinking about what God had just done in my life.
At the end of the post, I wrote this:
"Anyone who says that miracles don't happen these days should try falling in love with an orphan."
Today, I add my witness once again that God loves each of His children. He provides everything we need when we follow our hearts to help his children who can't help themselves. Whether we help someone next-door, in the next town, or across the world, He always, always provides. And we are blessed beyond measure in the meantime.
I leave you today with a video that my friend, Kecia made yesterday after picking up beautiful Mia Kareen from her orphanage in Ukraine. Get out the tissues, and make SURE you watch the last two minutes! Oh my GOSH!









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.