Monday, June 13, 2011

Amazing.

So, do you ever have one of those really tough days where you feel like The Bad Boy is about to choke the life right out of you? We did yesterday.

Eli and Anya fought all day. Eli fussed all through church. Anya was super cranky and double-stubborn. Yeah...double. Bennett was on one, too. We put out one fire after another from sun-up 'til sun-down. (I know, you can't believe it. You thought we were a perfect family, huh? Hee hee.)

We watched the clock all evening and when 8:00 hit, we hurried "the two littles" into bed, quietly shut their door, let out a big *sigh* and Jeremy and I escaped for a walk in the fresh air.

As we were walking Jeremy said,

"WOW. This is hard."

I immediately thought what I always think when one of us says "Wow. This is hard."

I thought, "OK, only a year. We just need to get through this first year. Then Eli will be past the terrible two's and Anya will be able to communicate with us better, and...

Once again, I reminded Jeremy of this and we talked about what we need to do right NOW, what we can work on more, what we're neglecting, etc.

Then I thought the next thought that always comes to my mind when one of us says this.

"Something really awesome is about to happen." 

I know, you think I'm weird, but every time we have days like this, almost as if on-cue, something really fabulous happens within the next few days.

This morning, Jeremy and I did something that we haven't done in a long while. We got up, read our scriptures together and prayed together, just the two of us. Before any of the kids woke up. Wow, what a difference this made! It was a completely different day. Still full of craziness, but peaceful at the same time.

So, that was amazing happening #1.

I know, you can't possibly imagine what amazing happening #2 is, can you? Take a lookie at the Chip In widget to the right. Yep, a wonderfully kind and generous person donated $1,000 to Ian, just an couple hours before our fundraiser ended. Not only did he (perhaps with encouragement from she??) help us meet our goal, but he helped us DOUBLE it. With the checks and cash we received from friends and the donations that come through this blog,  we'll have over $2,000 to give to Ian's family to help them pay for their court trip to Eastern Europe.



Is that an amazing thing? Ohhh, yes it surely is. AND..I just noticed that their FSP page has risen by a good $4,000 this past week, as well. I'm sure this is due to the other fundraisers going on. Thank you from our hearts to yours. Anya's buddy will soon walking into this door.  


Please donate through Ian's Reece's Rainbow page if you haven't had the chance. They're getting close!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.