OK, people. Anya here. Can I just tell you about my day today?
First, Ma and I drove a long time in the car to go to a big hospital that had lots of kids in it. We had to be there ate 10:30 in the morning. Mom forgot to bring a stroller and she was running a few minutes late. So she had to carry all 37 pounds of me so she could go faster and she got a little lost in the hospital. I just thought it was a cool place with all the colorful walls and stuff.
When we found the Same-Day Surgery check-in place, we had to wait there for a while. Then they took me into this little room and gave me a nightgown to wear and put a big itchy bracelet on my wrist. I tried to take it off cuz it was buggin'.
After a while, this really nice lady came in and had Mom sign some more papers. Then she told us we would have to wait a good hour and a half for our turn in an operating room. Luckily, the "Pre-op Room" had lots of toys. I didn't mind the wait a bit!
When it was time to go into the O.R, the doctor that was gonna make me go to sleep came in to get me. After Mom talked to her for a while, she gave me a kiss and told me to go with the nice lady, but I didn't know her and I was wondering why Mom wasn't coming, too. When the doctor stopped to sign some papers, I quickly snuck down the hall. Next, I turned a corner, and lo and behold, there was my friend, Brady's mom! Brady had surgery today, too! I ran up to her and threw my arms out so she could pick me up. The poor doctor found me in her arms and wondered who this lady was. Brady's mom said she was my mom's friend and she asked where my mom was. The doctor told her that Mom was in the waiting room and I was on my way to the O.R. I was with her! A little awkward and confusing, I must say.
Anyhow, the doctor was pretty amazed by me. She told Mom later that I must be "telepathic," whatever that means. She also told Mom a lot of other nice things about me too. Like how smart I was and how fast she thought I would learn to talk.
We'll see about that. Hee hee.
So after Brady's mom told me to go with the doctor, I decided I would. She took me into this big room and had me lay on a long, skinny bed. She put a thing on my nose that smelled like root beer. I got real sleepy, and that's all I remember of that place.
From what Mom says, three doctors came in to get me all fixed up while I took a nap.
First, a dentist came and worked on my teeth for an hour! He did a root canal and put a silver cap on one of my molars that was broken and cleaned my teeth up real good and filled in my cavities. I'm glad I was out for all that!
Next, an ear doctor came in and got a whole bunch of impacted wax out of my ears, (I think I vaguely remember hearing him saying that he wondered if there were remnants of Russia in there) and checked to see if I needed tubes. Nope! My ears are in pretty darn good shape! They also did an hour-long hearing test of some sort and found out that I can hear real well. I could have told them that myself, you know.
The last doctor to come work on my was an eye doctor. He opened up my tear ducts with some little balloons but they didn't look like they would stay open, so he put some little flexible tubes in them that will have to come back out in a few months. I'm just glad that Mom won't have to wipe the buggers out of my eyes all the time now. I hate when she does that!
Next thing I knew, I was in and out of consciousness. I kept trying to open my heavy eyelids and focus on the TV and things. My eyes kept rolling around and I kept rubbing them because they felt weird. Mom just kept kissing my forehead and saying she loved me. That made me feel much better. Have I told you how much I love having a mama?
The nurse asked Mom lots of questions about my adoption. Then the doctor who put me out came in and asked Mom if it was OK if she shared our story with other people. She said most of the stories she hears here are so sad, and this one was so happy, she wanted people to know about it.
"Of course," said Mom.
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for taking care of me today. Thank you for all the nice doctors and nurses who helped my eyes work better and my ears and my teeth, too.
Amen.
Sorry, had to say a little prayer. Anyway, thanks for letting me tell you all about my exciting day at Primary Children's Hospital. Now we're home and only Ma and I are here because Dad took my sis and brothers to a family reunion.
Hopefully I'll be out of my fogginess by tomorrow so we can go, too! I can't wait to meet all my Fillmore cousins and go swimming.
But until then, I'm just gonna sleep right here on this floor. Night night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.