Friday, October 28, 2011

The Grover's

Today, I want to introduce you to an amazing family that I met at the Buddy Walk last month. This is the Grover Family. They live in the town just north of ours.




The Grovers stepped out in faith six months ago to adopt a sweet little boy who's blessed with Down Syndrome,  from China. Like us, they didn't have children with DS when they made the decision to add him to their family. But they knew he would bless their lives. And boy were they right! 

Jennifer's words:  "Jacob is a “superglue” that has bonded our family in a way that only he could and we will be forever grateful that he is our son."

While they were in China at Jacob's orphanage, they learned that he had a "big brother" there, named "Michael."  He protected Jacob, played with him and loved him like no one else.  They were little soul mates.


When the Grover's met this boy, they felt an indescribable connection with him. After they came home, they couldn't get him off of their minds.  Eventually they started praying about bringing him into their family, and the answer was to go get him.

So that's just what they are going to do!

Only six short months after one adoption, this family is going for it again. I can't imagine how overwhelming it is for them to think about going through all of the *stress*  so soon, especially since they still have a large amount of debt to pay off from the first adoption. The Grovers aren't comfortable asking people for donations. But Kecia and I told Jennifer at the Buddy walk that if they would put a blog together and do a fundraiser or two, they would start seeing their financial burden lifted. We just felt it! The Lord would make a way for them to go get Michael.  They already have over $2,000 in their Reece's Rainbow Family Sponsorship Account!  But they have still much, much more to raise.

OK, friends, are you ready for this?

I'm doing my own little give-away here. It's called the Grover Giveaway. Cute, huh? :)

There are three ways to enter:

1) Share a link to their blog on Facebook
2) Share a link to their blog on your blog
3) Donate ANY amount to their adoption fund through Paypal. 

Once you do any of these things, leave a comment here on my blog and tell me what you did. You'll receive one entry in my drawing for each thing you did!

The winner will get to go to my Mary Kay web site and choose $50 in product, which will be shipped right to her door! Oh, yeah you KNOW you want it! So share and donate NOW!! I'll draw the winner on November 11.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you , Shannon Robinson for sharing on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather for what you are doing to help the Grovers!!! It means a lot to me! Not only am I their Aunt I also work with special angels like Jacob, Michael and your beautiful Anya. May you be blessed for your love & kindness!
    Loretta Jenson

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happened to stop by just to see if you posted a comment! I come back once in a while and today was a good day! I donated, thanks for helping another family out! What a neat story!
    Stacey
    Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shared their blog on Facebook! Can't wait to see this precious boy home where he belongs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shared on facebook and donated. Hoping they'll be able to bring him home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shared on facebook and donated. Best of luck to you and the Grovers!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.