Wednesday, July 28, 2010

USCIS Appointment

Today was the long-awaited USCIS fingerprinting appointment.  This was an important appointment!  It's the last step in our petition to the US Government to adopt a foreign child (besides getting Anna's Visa before we come home with her.)  Once we receive our approval and they send us the "Golden Ticket" otherwise known as the I-700H, and we get our FBI clearance (required by Anna's country,) then we will have everything required for our dossier.  We are supposed to have the dossier done around the time we travel the first time, which should be in September.

The fingerprinting was done in a little office in Taylorsville, near SLC.  After all these weeks waiting for this appointment, it sure was quick and anticlimactic!  If we would have known how quiet it is there at 9:00 am, we would have gone a few weeks ago at that time, and I'll bet they would have taken us!  There were only a couple of people--no lines! 

They use a computer to record your fingerprints.  A few of mine were too worn and it said "rejected" on the computer.  The technician tried several times and it never accepted my poor worn-out fingerprints. So it's likely that they will have me come in a 2nd time to have them redone.  Oooo...I sure hope not...it could delay our approval by a few weeks.  Please, please USCIS people, accept my worn-out fingerprints!!  You know, it's only because I'm a mama, right? That's how they got that way. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Just an FYI - It is "worn" not "warn." Unless you are in the South like me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I just fixed it or it would have bugged me! I don't know what I was thinking when I spelled it that way.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.